Welcome to our pages for providers of Access courses. Just click on the tabs on the drop-down menus a range of further pages, each with a specific theme. An outline of each of these pages can be found below.
We aim to provide an excellent service to colleges and other organisations offering LASER validated Access Diplomas. If we fall below your expectations in any respect please do let us know.
Our standard office hours are: Monday – Fridays 9.00am – 4.30pm. Our main telephone number is 01227 827823. If we are busy you may get our answer phone. Do leave a message or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org . Full contact details can be found by clicking on the ‘Contact Us for Access’ tab on the Communication and Events page.
For Access Providers our offer includes:
- A Business Development Manager for each centre assigned to support your Access curriculum development needs.
- A dedicated Access customer support team based in our Canterbury office.
- An Access Quality Manager with responsibility for raising quality and standards across all of our Access centres.
- The ‘LASER Teaching’ journal. A new e-publication for tutors and staff which contains a range of articles on Access related topics, book and teaching resource reviews.
- Access Practitioner Group Meetings where tutors and staff get together at convenient locations across the region to discuss topical issues.
- Secure online areas in ‘Glasscubes’ for individual Access providers where key Access documents and other information are stored, and area for online discussion.
- Annual Access Conference/event with keynote speakers, relevant and useful seminars and the opportunity to meet Access staff and HE staff from across the region.
Outline of the Access Provider Pages
Validation and Programmes
This page contains information about the procedures for validating new Access Diplomas and revalidating existing ones as well as downloading the relevant documents.
Registrations & Certification
Contains an outline of how to register students online and the process for certification at the end of the course.
Here you will find an outline of our GCSE equivalent offer in Maths, English and Science and downloadable documents.
Grading is still relatively new for Access Diplomas and so we have a dedicated page on this subject where you can download a range of templates for recording student grades, designing assignment briefs etc as well as finding a range of advice and guides on grading
Access Unit Bank
The first subject areas in our online searchable unit bank of already approved selected Access units for use in designing new, or revalidating existing, Access Diplomas are now available. Other subject areas will be added shortly.
Although some of the documents here can be downloaded from other pages on our web site, this is a complete list of all our downloadable documents